[Koha-devel] To maintain a 'dev installation with rep 3.0.x

Zeno Tajoli tajoli at cilea.it
Wed Sep 3 10:36:44 CEST 2008

Hi to all,

I have little experience with git so I ask you a confirm of my thoughts.

Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 16:05:53 -0500
From: "Galen Charlton" <galen.charlton at liblime.com>
Subject: [Koha] Koha 3.0.x Git branch created
>If you are running a dev-mode installation of Koha 3.0 and you *don't*
>want your installation to start following the 3.1 developments, you
>should fetch, create the tracking branch, and check out that branch
>BEFORE rebasing and going through the database update.

I have a dev-mode installation, last update 26-Jul-2008, so I don't
have the exact 3.0 stable version.
I want to have the last  maintaining version, the branch called '3.0.x'.
I think that I need to do those operation with git:

git fetch
git branch --track kohaclone origin/3.0.x
['kohaclone' is the name of my local branch]
get checkout my3.0.x
get pull

With those operation I will have a dev installation with the last
maintaining version ?

Thank you for everything
Zeno Tajoli

Zeno Tajoli