[Koha-devel] community structure (RMaint, translation manager, QA manager...)

Joshua Ferraro jmf at liblime.com
Fri Sep 5 13:11:55 CEST 2008

On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 1:29 AM, Rachel Hamilton-Williams
<rachel at katipo.co.nz> wrote:

>>> To propose an agenda:
>>>
>>> 1. Confirm 3.2 RM, DocM, and TM ("speak now, or forever hold your peace")
>>> 2. Decide on 3.0 RMaint.
>>> 3. Discuss options for filling the position of 3.2 QA.
>>> 4. Discuss features for 3.2.  I will finish sending out LibLime's RFCs
>>> and propose a roadmap by next Thursday.
>>>

> Do you want to add Kaitaiki to the list of positions? Is there anyone
> who'd like to take it on?
Based on past discussions there doesn't seem to be any concensus on
what exactly a Kaitaiki is, specifically what the role accomplishes,
whether it's strictly promotional in nature, or managerial, etc. Also,
since we haven't had an active Kaitaiki for many years, and it doesn't
seem like a position we actually need. I don't see any other open
source projects that have Kaitaikii (plural? ;-)).

My two cents ...

--
Joshua Ferraro SUPPORT FOR OPEN-SOURCE SOFTWARE
CEO migration, training, maintenance, support