[Koha-devel] ibdata1

Joshua Ferraro jmf at liblime.com
Wed Sep 10 12:43:50 CEST 2008

Hey David,

ibdata1 is the default name of the data file for tables stored using
the InnoDB engine, so it will naturally grow, and depending on the
data set, can get quite large. Hope that's helpful.

Cheers,

Josh

On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 4:45 PM, David Schuster <dschust1 at tx.rr.com> wrote:

> As I watch this file grow I am wondering how to clear it.  I saw this on a
> mysql list, but wanted to get developer insight...
>
> March 2007
> Location: Sweden Senior Member
> A very cumbersum way:
> 1.mysqldump all databases
> 2.Remove the ibdata1 file.
> 3.Start the mysqld process.
> It will now recreate the ibdata1 table space since it recognizes that it is
> missing.
> 4.Import the sql dump from step 1 and you are back again.
>
> --

Joshua Ferraro SUPPORT FOR OPEN-SOURCE SOFTWARE
CEO migration, training, maintenance, support
LibLime Featuring Koha Open-Source ILS