[Koha-devel] Reminder: Koha project meeting on #koha, 12 September 2008 at 19:00 UTC

Joe Atzberger ohiocore at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 20:42:32 CEST 2008

On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 2:13 PM, Frederic Demians <frederic at tamil.fr> wrote:

> > Would you be actively reviewing many or most patches that are
> > submitted, and
> > perhaps maintaining a QA Git tree? Or do you see your role more as
> > organizing testing or advocating good software development practices?
>
> Let's set the records straight. I wouldn't be a QA manager in the strict
> sense of the term. I neither got the time nor the resources to be so. QA
> manager on a project like Koha could be a full-time job. This is clearly
> not my proposal which is modestly to give 1-2 hours a day to this
> activity. So if QA manager role is to review patches before pushing
> them, I'm not the right person. I see him as the person who put an eye
> on the project as a whole, at a high level, from a technical and
> community perspective, having in mind quality and open sharing between
> participants.

To me, that level of removal sounds more like a hypothetical Project Manager
or historical Kaitiaki.  Koha pointedly needs concrete Quality Assurance
whether that comes from RM, QA Mgr, group feedback or some combination.  The
QA Mgr seems like the right place to situate most of that responsibility at
the day-to-day level.

I suppose we'll get a chance to chat about it here in a few minutes
anyway...
--joe