[Koha-devel] claiming DB numbers for acquisition module

Paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Fri Sep 26 13:25:30 CEST 2008

Hello,

We are claiming numbers for acquisition module on the wiki page
http://wiki.koha.org/doku.php?id=en:development:dbrevs

However, for instance, this dev is done over the 3.0.x branch. We plan
to move the dev to head in a few time, but the SAN-OP idea is to start
using the new module in january, so that will be over 3.0.x

But nevermind. the problem is for DB number claiming atm : we claim (&
use the numbers we claim) DB numbers, but for instance, we don't commit.

Do you think :
- we can continue, the missing numbers will be added when we will move
our job to head (at the price of head having 3.01.00.010 and LATER
having 3.01.00.007 for example. But in alpha stage of 3.1, I don't think
it's a problem)
- we use a temporary number scheme, just for internal (BibLibre SAN-OP)
use, and when we submit the stuff to HEAD, we claim & use the numbers.
that would require only a few changes for us, just change the numbers in
updatedatabase.pl before submitting.

Writing it, I think the later is the best solution, so, unless you don't
agree :
- we will use it
- we free the numbers we claimed (005 -> 009)

--
Paul POULAIN
http://www.biblibre.com