[Koha-devel] claiming DB numbers for acquisition module

Galen Charlton galen.charlton at liblime.com
Fri Sep 26 15:38:08 CEST 2008

Hi,

On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 6:25 AM, Paul POULAIN <paul.poulain at free.fr> wrote:
> - we can continue, the missing numbers will be added when we will move
> our job to head (at the price of head having 3.01.00.010 and LATER
> having 3.01.00.007 for example. But in alpha stage of 3.1, I don't think
> it's a problem)

It would be a problem.  With our current mechanism, database schema
changes must be applied in order.

> - we use a temporary number scheme, just for internal (BibLibre SAN-OP)
> use, and when we submit the stuff to HEAD, we claim & use the numbers.
> that would require only a few changes for us, just change the numbers in
> updatedatabase.pl before submitting.

For now, I prefer that numbers be claimed closer to when patches are
ready.  You can use the DBrevs page on the Wiki to announce a schema
change without claiming a specific number.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton