[Koha-devel] RFID reader in browser with data from Koha

LAURENT Henri-Damien laurenthdl at alinto.com
Thu Apr 2 12:35:08 CEST 2009

Dobrica Pavlinusic a écrit :
> Back in October, I worked a bit on RFID reader protocol as described in
>
> http://lists.koha.org/pipermail/koha-devel/2008-October/008395.html
>
> Now, I have something to show:
>
> http://blog.rot13.org/2009/04/comet_experiment_rfid_reader_with_koha_data_in_browser.html
>
> In the end, it will probably be Koha add-on to support user cards and
> items checkout/checkin, but I'm wondering if this is interest in
> occasional e-mail from me about status of this on koha-devel since I didn't
> really got any response last time.

Hi
You have done some good job.
Really.

Having no answers on this list when doing a work for a special feature
is not so unusual.
We all have our problems to solve and timelines. And sometimes what you
are doing is vital for you but not so critical for others.
Still I think your work is interesting.
But problem of integration with Koha trunk is an other question.

How to best do it and not happen to come to have many SIP
implementations or one RFID reader for each RFID vendor ?
Maybe SIP and some xml APIs can make it.
Jean-Andre Santoni worked on ILS-DI draft implementation.

Maybe send your patches to patches at koha.org and wait for comments could
also be a way to do.

I really would like to have your work rather into a contrib tree or
something which would be optional and easily selectable and setup.
Do we need one ?
But still, it looks as though many additions such as GBS, B&T,  and
other webservices have been added without any discussion. So why not ?

Comments ?

--
Henri-Damien LAURENT