[Koha-devel] GSAFD authority records and koha

Mason James mason.loves.sushi at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 15:51:27 CEST 2009

On 2009/04/23, at 1:41 AM, Galen Charlton wrote:

> Hi Mason,
>
> On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 8:12 AM, Mason James
> <mason.loves.sushi at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have imported them just fine into a koha3 using the DOM zebra-
>> filter
>> But, i cant quite get a match on them using the
>> link_bibs_to_authorities.pl script
>
> What do the bib headings look like?  In order to match, the heading in
> the bib records must be in the 651 tag, have the second indicator set
> to '7', and contain a subfield $2 gsafd - otherwise, it will not match
> the corresponding authority.
>
> Regards,
>
> Galen

heya Galen,

thanks for the reply, i was hoping you would have a suggestion :)

my bibs seem to have their headings stuffed in the 655 tag, not 651
and a *1st* indicator set to 7, not the 2nd  - eep :/

but thanks for the info,
ill manually correct a bib or 2, and see how i get on

thanks again,
Mason

fyi: example bib below...
MARC biblio : 10474 ( The shining / )

245 14 - TITLE STATEMENT
   a Title The shining /
   c Statement of responsibility, etc Stephen King.

snip...

650 #0 - SUBJECT ADDED ENTRY--TOPICAL TERM
   a Topical term or geographic name as entry element Hotelkeepers Auth
   v Form subdivision Fiction.
   9 9 (RLIN) 111002

655 7# - INDEX TERM--GENRE/FORM
   a Genre/form data or focus term Occult fiction.
   2 Source of term gsafd.
   a Genre/form data or focus term Horror tales.
   2 Source of term gsafd.