[Koha-devel] Due Date check in C4::Circulation::CanBookBeIssued?

Joe Atzberger ohiocore at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 01:23:59 CEST 2009

On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 5:05 PM, Michael Hafen <mdhafen at tech.washk12.org>wrote:

> So the question is: should librarians be able to enter an issue date in the
> past?

Effectively, I think they already can, if they upload offline circ.   For
example, you circulate items for 5 days, but don't upload your offline circ
until a week later.  The due date should rightly fall in the past.  Note
that the question was about due date, not issue date, but this example
demonstrates that *both* could be in the past.

And unless there is something else "internal" to the logic, this isn't a
question for this C4::* function to decide.  Validation of the librarian's
duedate input must happen at the script level.

I checked offline circulation, and process_koc.pl doesn't call
> CanBookBeIssued.  It goes staight to AddIssue.

Yes, this is because of a serious bug: process_koc.pl has no error
handling.  That needs to change.  Offline circ *should* call
CanBookBeIssued, and for that to happen it has to allow at least some
mechanism for incorporating past dates.  If it cannot call CanBookBeIssued,
it will need a nearly identical copy to perform the same action.

--Joe