[Koha-devel] Question/Suggestion for Development

Jesse pianohacker at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 22:41:56 CEST 2009

2009/8/25 Wagner, Jane <jwagner at ptfs.com>

> Nicole, I like the idea of grouping related sysprefs.  It's sometimes
> hard to know everything you need to turn on/set for something like
> Amazon or Syndetics.  How might this work with Jesse's rework of the
> system preferences interface?
>
> Jane Wagner
> Library Systems Analyst
> PTFS Inc.
> Content Management and Library Solutions
> 6400 Goldsboro Road, Suite 200
> Bethesda, MD  20817
> (301) 654-8088 x 151
> jwagner at ptfs.com

The new sysprefs editor does group related system preferences together.
Here's a screenshot of the Enhanced Content tab (obviously, lagging a bit
behind with updates). My somewhat verbose descriptions might benefit from
being changed to checkboxes.

I think Nicole's suggestion is slightly more involved, though. Do you mean
something like an AmazonEnabled preference that might have a value like
this:

similaritems,reviews

and a UI like this:

Use content from Amazon: [x]
   [x] Show similar items on detail page
   [x] Show reviews by Amazon users on detail page
   [ ] Show cover images

, Nicole? That might not be too difficult, down the road.

--
Jesse Weaver