[Koha-devel] RFC: New syspref category: Web Services

Galen Charlton gmcharlt at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 01:47:21 CEST 2009

Hi,

I realize that this is likely about to become redundant because of the
work that Jesse Weaver is doing with his new syspref editor, but while
we have the current one to contend with, I would like to propose
renaming OAI-PMH category to something like 'Web Services',
'Services', or 'APIs'.  This is motivated by BibLibre's new ILS-DI
services, which are controlled by a 'ILS-DI' toggle syspref.  One of
Jean-André patches proposes creating a new 'ILS-DI' syspref category
for that new syspref, but I don't feel that it really needs a category
all to itself.  Since OAI-PMH and ILS-DI are two specific examples of
external services optionally provided by Koha, a 'Web Services'
category would be a better umbrella.

Comments?

Regards,

Galen