[Koha-devel] RFC: New syspref category: Web Services

LAURENT Henri-Damien laurenthdl at alinto.com
Wed Aug 12 08:10:19 CEST 2009

Chris Nighswonger a écrit :
> On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 7:47 PM, Galen Charlton<gmcharlt at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I realize that this is likely about to become redundant because of the
>> work that Jesse Weaver is doing with his new syspref editor, but while
>> we have the current one to contend with, I would like to propose
>> renaming OAI-PMH category to something like 'Web Services',
>> 'Services', or 'APIs'.  This is motivated by BibLibre's new ILS-DI
>> services, which are controlled by a 'ILS-DI' toggle syspref.  One of
>> Jean-André patches proposes creating a new 'ILS-DI' syspref category
>> for that new syspref, but I don't feel that it really needs a category
>> all to itself.  Since OAI-PMH and ILS-DI are two specific examples of
>> external services optionally provided by Koha, a 'Web Services'
>> category would be a better umbrella.
>>
>> Comments?
>>

> Anything that will contribute to less confusion in the current syspref
> system sounds good to me.
>
> Chris

It looks to me that webservices would be too wide for users.
Would it be webservices that they can connect to ? or web services Koha
provides ? Those are two ways to use webservices.
I donot want to ADD confusion. And I think that having OAI-PMH and
ILS-DI under the same hood would be good. Or should all the External
Webservices provided or used be under the same hood ?

thanks Galen for proposal.
My 2 cents.
--
Henri-Damien LAURENT