[Koha-devel] New cataloging permissions

Nicolas Morin nicolas.morin at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 19:49:34 CET 2009

2009/12/3 Nicole Engard <nengard at gmail.com>

> Hi all,
>
> Can someone explain to me what the new cataloging permissions for staff do?
>    * fast_cataloging Fast cataloging
>

> What does fast cataloging do - and how is it diff from the ability to
> do full cataloging? I'm asking for documentation purposes :)

It's the ability to add a record in the catalog from circulation, using a
special framework (FA for Fast Add), without having the general cataloging
permissions.
It's a light weight framework with just a few fields, to add a document in
the catalog quickly, just to be able to loan it right away at the circ desk.
Nicolas

> Thanks
> Nicole

Nicolas Morin