[Koha-devel] A couple of Debian install questions

Chadwick, John, DCA john.chadwick at state.nm.us
Sun Dec 6 23:31:59 CET 2009

Owen,

I have more than my share of attempts at installing Koha on Ubuntu. I
will share my experience.

I am still working with some instructions that have grown as I have
found additional PERL modules that Koha wants prior to installation. I
will go with the ones I know about.

GD IPC::Cmd PDF::Reuse::Barcode and GD::Barcode::UPCE are part of my
standard PERL module install prior to attempting an install. I have seen
these errors pop up and I just add the missing modules to my list of
default installs. Koha is happy and I have not had any problems that I
could attribute to these modules.

Memoize::Memcached will fight you tooth and nail unless you have the
memcached application installed via apt. From what I understand, 3.2
will take advantage of this, but my experience is that 3.1 is still a
bit buggy with memcached.

I have not run into the last three modules on your list or the API2
module, but I generally just accept the prerequisites when installing
PERL modules. PERL is happy, Koha is happy, and I am happy.

John