[Koha-devel] Koha 3.2 installation & translations

Piotr Wejman ropuch at bagno.be
Tue Dec 8 12:09:48 CET 2009

Hi all,

I saw en/fr/ru/uk subfolders in installer/data/mysql/. I've made local copy
of en folder, renamed it to pl-PL and translated some files (txt files and
sql for marc default & BKS frameworks so far). After make install the pl-PL
folder is copied over to KOHA_DIR\intranet/cgi-bin/installer/data/mysql/ but
I need to install polish opac & stuff templates before running the web
installer for pl choice to be available at first step (I'm running 3.2).

So - two matters:

1. Whom do I have to be nice to to get pl-PL folder included in git? ;-) Are
there any prequisities?
2. Having all languages' templates created and available after installing
Koha is cool (and necessary for localized web installer), but it lengthens
make and make install time a LOT. Can the language selection be made in
Makefile.PL, so  choosing other than English language would create only one
set of directories/templates?

What do you think?

Piotr Wejman