[Koha-devel] koha-dev IRC channel ?

David Schuster dschust1 at tx.rr.com
Wed Dec 16 15:36:42 CET 2009

Late comer to this discussion - and one from a user standpoint - when we have
had "meetings" for other things KOHA I have received several emails asking
WHY we are not using IRC as it is the main meeting space for all things
Koha.  Those concerns were raised mainly by developers.

I find it somewhat ironic then to have this discussion come up.

I prefer the single IRC only because it makes it much easier to read a days
activity of Koha and also I believe to search for things that may have
already been discussed to find answers.

If nothing else Koha IRC is a large meeting room and if you need to PM
people to help them and make connections with people that is great.  I
believe we see the same thing already happening with Koha-discuss and
Koha-Dev and being open source I don't think we will be able to get people
on the right list ever as there are always newbies coming along.  I was one
of those very recently(still am I think) and it is hard to post the right
question at the right place.  Often I think people post to Dev thinking they
will get a more competent answer - and then I reply!  HA!!!!

David Schuster