[Koha-devel] System use and best way to beef up a machine

Erik Lewis elewis at ngrl.org
Wed Dec 16 16:44:57 CET 2009

Hi David,

Personal opinion but I'd look at the actual traffic.  Right now you
don't know if it is user or application.  The most efficient way to
answer that question is to determine if the barcode is being
transmitted.

Maybe mirror a port on a switch and attach a desktop to that port and
then use ngrep to capture the relevant traffic of a checkin.  You
should be able to generate a list of barcodes and then run them
against your koha system to determine if the barcode was sent.  If it
was sent and not applied then you can investigate the host.  If the
barcode wasn't sent you can investigate the client.