[Koha-devel] sort-string-utf.chr

Chadwick, John, DCA john.chadwick at state.nm.us
Thu Dec 17 16:46:58 CET 2009

I am the one who wrote about the encoding utf-8 line missing from the
file. You are right. You are absolutely correct about converting the
file from latin1 to uft-8 as well.

We gave up on character mapping as a means of getting Spanish language
diacritics to search properly and went with the icu.idx method. The
string.chr file that the icu.idx file references was also encoded as
latin1 instead of utf-8. The indexing worked, amazingly enough, even
though I had more errors of different types than I have ever seen before
on a simple reindex of Zebra. Converting the string.chr to utf-8 got rid
of the errors.

John Chadwick

John.Chadwick at state.nm.us