[Koha-devel] Re: Multiple Library Search :: Help Needed

scott tacogrande55 at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 18 16:25:17 CET 2009

im going to take a shot at this and maybe someone else can reply to mine, but
multiple search cant happen unless you modify koha. You can either do that on
the back end and fully integrate it so it works how you would like or you can do
a quick hack with some javascript and a drop down list form.

with the perl & html you would have to modify the .pl and the .tmpl of the page
you want to have it shown on. I would try and emulate the backend search feature
on how it picks libraries....

with my quick method, you would put the library name and as the value or
whatever have it go to the "Ip" of that library so it changes website locations
to that libraries opac. The javascript would redirect automatically after the
person selected the library so you would not need a submit button.

the only thing to this is, if you update koha, you remove your code. so just
remember what you edit and how you edited it.

hope this helps a little or gives an idea.

-Scott