[Koha-devel] Need for reindex with Zebra?

Chadwick, John, DCA john.chadwick at state.nm.us
Tue Dec 22 13:29:29 CET 2009

We use the cron job that is part of the Koha backend to reindex nightly.
The production server is fast enough that we do not worry about running
the script unless the search stops working. The icu.idx method for Zebra
seems to be a bit more sensitive to marc records with some kind of
defect and a manual reindex with the script allows us to see what
exactly is going on.

A suggestion for a clean backup of your server. We are using
automysqlbackup script, a free script from Sourceforge. We back up the
database nightly and we backup the /etc directory and the koha directory
and the clone directory weekly. We are using Veritas for the backup to
tape.

John