[Koha-devel] Which is the best Linux flavour to work with Koha ?

Partha Mukhopadhyay psm_vu at india.com
Wed Dec 23 14:09:22 CET 2009

Dear Dr. Manjunath

I'm bit late in response and don't know what is the view of other Koha users. I can share my personal experience with you. I think community version of Redhat is now CentOS, not Fedora.  So there may not be regular upgradation of Fedora in future. We shifted to Ubuntu with all our library specific FLOSSs like Koha (3.0.4 is we use now), DSpace (1.5.2) and Moodle (for LCMS on FLOSS). The beauty is that the smooth upgrading to the next release  always ensured both for OS and Koha. Moreover, regular release cycle is helpful (twice in a year June April and October).

Hope this help.

Happy new year...

Dr. Parthasarathi Mukhopadhyay
Department of Library and Information Science
University of Burdwan, Burdwan, West Bengal, India