[Koha-devel] Which is the best Linux flavour to work with Koha ?

Bavousett, David dBavousett at ptfs.com
Tue Dec 29 20:40:08 CET 2009

Darrell Ulm wrote:

>It would be interesting to hear of successful
>installations of Koha in other
>versions of Linux. Distros like Puppy
>and DSL are likely not going to work
>without rewriting some things. FreeBSD
>would be an interesting Koha installation.
>
>-Darrell Ulm

I installed Koha on an Asus EEE 900 (half-a-gig of RAM, 4 GB SSHD)
running Easy Peasy, mostly just to see if I could.  Easy Peasy is
Ubuntu, put on an *extreme* diet for EEE Netbooks.

The install ran very much like a normal Debian/Ubuntu install, and Koha
*worked*, though it was--unsurprisingly--painfully slow.  For lots of
obvious reasons, I don't recommend this sort of setup, even as a
development environment.

But it *was* fun!

J. David Bavousett
Software Engineer