[Koha-devel] OpenNCIP, Koha, and diverged SIP code

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 19:18:43 CET 2009

2009/2/3 Dan Scott <denials at gmail.com>:
> 2009/2/3 Joshua Ferraro <jmf at liblime.com>:

>>> Seems like a good idea.  Why does Koha have its own copy of the
>>> OpenNCIP code in the first place?  Anyone know?  Is OpenNCIP producing
>>> regular releases?
>> Not that I'm aware of, I wonder if there's any interest in putting it
>> up on CPAN...
>
> There have been no releases from OpenNCIP yet. Getting it on CPAN
> would be a great next step, IMHO.

Mind you, the "right" next steps are probably to send a set of patches
to the openncip.org mailing list to try to bring the repos back in
sync, and to recognize the origins of the existing SIP code somewhere
in the Koha codebase, if not in the headers of the files themselves as
openncip.org chose to do.

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University