[Koha-devel] Item Type Images have various sizes

Mason James mason.loves.sushi at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 22:19:20 CET 2009

> I'll admit that it is nice to have the larger icons for the kids ( to
> this end one of my librarians has asked me to increase the font
> size on
> the opac ).  So, in my opinion, it would be best to have variable
> padding with the icons.  I just don't look forward to trying to code
> that.  I think the best way would be to have it statically set.  That
> way we would save the time it takes to parse the image to find it's
> width.
>
> On Wed, 2009-02-11 at 15:14 -0500, Galen Charlton wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 3:07 PM, Michael Hafen
>> <mdhafen at tech.washk12.org> wrote:
>>> I think it would be best to standardize on a size for these
>>> images, so
>>> that the css can be set once and look right.
>>
>> I would prefer that we accommodate different sizes for the icons
>> rather than settle for just one "standard" size.  I'm not sure how
>> many libraries are using the liblime-kids set, but the icons in it
>> are
>> larger than npl or bridge to support a common design pattern for
>> childrens' OPACs.
>>
>> Regards,

i agree with Galen here.

Michael, i guess the quick-fix for you, is to change your templates/
css for the bridge-set dimensions

i wonder if the padding could be changed to a '%' value, rather than
a 'px' value...
could we have some magical auto-boundary handling here?

<li title="" style="margin: 0.4em 0pt; padding: 3px 0pt 3px 30px;
list-style-image: none; list-style-position: outside; list-style-
type: none; background-image: url(/opac-tmpl/prog/itemtypeimg/bridge/
book.gif); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: 0pt
50%;">  Centerville (1)</li>