[Koha-devel] syspref maxItemsinSearchResults ?

Michael Hafen mdhafen at tech.washk12.org
Thu Feb 12 00:01:27 CET 2009

On Thu, 2009-02-12 at 11:49 +1300, Chris Cormack wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 11:42 AM, Michael Hafen
> <mdhafen at tech.washk12.org> wrote:
> > While poking around C4/Search.pm I noticed this sys pref being used.
> > But it isn't in the System Preferences.  Since it's not there Search.pm
> > ends up with a value of 1 every time.  If this sys pref is there it gets
> > used.
> >
> > Will someone please comment on this sys pref.
> >
> > It seems like a nice feature.  I'd like to get it in the System
> > Preferences.  To do it properly though I'll have to touch the
> > updatedatabase.pl.  I don't want to do that unless there's enough
> > interest for the patch to be accepted.  ( I've already claimed one db
> > version for a patch that seems to have fallen through the cracks.)
> >
> > Please let me know if you would like this to show in the System
> > Preferences.
> >
> +1 from me
>
> I think its a great feature. But perhaps we want 2, 1 for the OPAC and
> one for the librarian interface (if there isnt one for the OPAC
> already)
>
> Chris

Good idea there.  One problem is I don't know if the sub where this
feature is implemented knows the difference between OPAC and Staff
interfaces.  It's in searchResults() in Search.pm.  I don't think this
sub currently knows the difference.  Looking I see
getitemtypeimagelocation(), and XSLTParse4Display being pointed at
'opac', and the syspref OpacHighlightedWords being implemented.  Yet I
see no mention of 'intranet'.

My main concern is just being able to set it, so that it can be
something other than 1 if I so choose.

I guess one could check to see if the calling script's name started with
'opac-', that would be a pretty good indication.  With that we could
have seperate sys prefs for the two interfaces.
--
Michael Hafen
Systems Analyst and Programmer

for Koha checkout