[Koha-devel] Holds queue report

Owen Leonard oleonard at myacpl.org
Tue Feb 17 16:03:43 CET 2009

Now that we're up and running on 3.0, we're discovering some aspects
of the Holds Queue report that are not working for us:

1. Title. The list displays the title (245a) and only the title. No
subtitle, no  name of part/section of a work (245p), no  number of
part/section of a work (245n). This makes it impossible to pull some
items based only on what's in the report (picture being in the stacks
with a printed copy, wishing you could click through for more info).
In our [custom-built] 2.x report we had barcodes, at least.

2. Damaged items. The holds queue report includes items which have
been marked as damaged. I would think that if the holds queue process
found a bib record with more than one available item that it should
only list available items which are not marked as damaged--perhaps
based on the "AllowHoldsOnDamagedItems" preference?

3. Freshness. I realize the process for building the Holds Queue
report must be intensive or it wouldn't rely on a cron job. But what
about a process for taking the processed and stored Holds Queue report
and filtering it based on more current availability information? The
display of the report could include a pass to check for current status
so that even if the Holds Queue report hadn't regenerated for an hour,
it would still hide items on the list which had been made waiting or
lost.

I welcome any opinions or ideas anyone might have,

  Owen

--
Web Developer
Athens County Public Libraries