[Koha-devel] Clarify timeout syspref?

Eric Bégin Eric.Begin at inLibro.com
Tue Feb 24 15:35:10 CET 2009

> One problem is : as far as I can see, there's only one timeout, while
> there probably should be 2 : one for opac, one for intranet. Short for
> opac, long for intranet, where you want to : start cataloging a book,
> go have a coffee, continue cataloging that darn book.
What about letting the user decide?  This could be a per user setting.
The default may be short, but the user can set this value to a larger
one if he wanted.

I can understand that having a short timeout for a public workstation is
probably the best, but this is not very useful for the user accessing
the OPAC from home.

Eric