[Koha-devel] Authority in Koha 3 (English - Unimarc - NoZebra)

Ricardo Dias Marques lists at ricmarques.net
Fri Feb 27 15:07:40 CET 2009

Hi Zeno... and Koha developers!

On 06 June 2008, Zeno Tajoli <tajoli at cilea.it> wrote:

> I have found a [bug] into installer data for Unimarc / English language.
> I'm using a  NoZebra setting and I think this option is [important] for this
> bug.
> The setup of Authority is based on the file
> installer/data/mysql/en/marcflavour/unimarc/mandatory/authorities_normal_unimarc.sql
>
> But this definition gives problems, see my e-mail "Problems on working with
> authority" in koha general list, 05 Jun 2008 09:14.
> [ http://lists.katipo.co.nz/public/koha/2008-June/014126.html ]
>
> A correct [definition] is the [French] definition.
> Probably the main problem is to insert authtypecode = '' into all records of
> tables auth_tag_structure
> and auth_subfield_structure.
> I think that the [France] [definition] could be good also for English Unimarc
> definition.
> My authority [definition] (a [translation] of [french] definition into English) is
> attached to this mail.

ZENO: I'm following to this post of yours (posted on 06-06-2008)
because I'm having the exact same problem when adding an authority in
the same setup that you have (Koha 3.0, UNIMARC and NoZebra).

I'm using Linux (openSUSE 10.3) with default Apache, Perl and MySQL
versions (Apache 2.2.4, MySQL 5.0.45 and Perl 5.8.8).

The error message that I get when I (try to) add an authority is
basically the same as yours, namely:

" No _parse_* routine defined on this driver (If it is a filter,
remember to set the Parent property. If you call the parse() method,
make sure to set a Source. You may want to call parse_uri,
parse_string or parse_file instead.)
[XML::LibXML::SAX=HASH(0x84df8b8)] at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/XML/SAX/Base.pm line 2616 "

By browsing the history for the "authorities_normal_unimarc.sql" file
in the "installer/data/mysql /en/marcflavour/unimarc/mandatory/"
directory in the git (source control) website for Koha -
http://git.koha.org - I see that the last edit ("commit") for that
file happened on December 2007 (a lot earlier than you sent your
e-mail):

git.koha.org Git - Koha/history -
installer/data/mysql/en/marcflavour/unimarc/mandatory/authorities_normal_unimarc.sql
http://git.koha.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=Koha;a=history;f=installer/data/mysql/en/marcflavour/unimarc/mandatory/authorities_normal_unimarc.sql;h=5dd3df0c777cc8b48aee98ce82384275db8d3ca5;hb=HEAD

TinyURL for that same URL:
http://tinyurl.com/cuety6

>From that page, only these two commits are listed:

2007-12-25 Galen Charlton 	bug 1368 - remove FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS = 0
from installer
2007-11-13 Chris Nighswonger 	Moved language dirs one level down under
dbms dir (mysql)

So am I right when I assume that Zeno's correction has NOT been
applied to the Koha code base and that the bug is still present in
Koha (even for Koha 3.0.1)?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Ricardo Dias Marques
lists AT ricmarques DOT net
Installation Guide for Installing Koha 3 on openSUSE 11
http://wiki.koha.org/doku.php?id=opensuse_11.0