[Koha-devel] Git Repository Questions

Kyle Hall kyle.m.hall at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 22:38:30 CET 2009

Hello All,
  I'm trying to do something that I'm sure is doable with git. I would
like to set a 'middle-man' git repository that I can push and pull
from to manage our development and production servers for our
switchover to koha 3 and future development.

(git.koha.org)  --> (MyKohaGit) <---> (KohaDevServer)
                                      \-------------> (KohaProductionServer)

So MyKohaGit pulls changes from git.koha.org, I pull and push changes
between MyKohaGit and KohaDevServer, and when I'm satisfied that the
changes are production ready, I pull the changes from MyKohaGit to
KohaProductionServer.

I know I could just go straight between KohaDevServer and
KohaProductionServer, but I'd like to make MyKohaGit public so others
can track my updates that haven't made it into the official git repo
yet.

Is it really as simple as cloning git.koha.org and making it available
via http/ssh? I've tried creating an empty repository and pushing to
it from a clone of git.koha.org, and it populates it, but I don't seem
to have a mechanism to update MyKohaGit directly from git.koha.org.

Does any of this make sense?

Thanks,
Kyle

http://www.kylehall.info