[Koha-devel] Koha 3 Reset Database

David Riggs riggs at createtank.com
Mon Jan 26 22:51:21 CET 2009

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 4:16 PM, Mason James
<mason.loves.sushi at gmail.com> wrote:

> try a 'zebraidx -c /yourpath/koha-conf.xml init' then
>
> FYI: have a peek at line 488-ish of the rebuild script
>
>  system("zebraidx -c $zebra_config -g $record_format -d $zebra_db_name
> init") if $reset_index;

No change. I continue to get results when searching, despite having
truncated the listed tables, running various combinations of
`rebuild_zebra.pl` and `zebraidx -c`. Clicking those items results in
a 404. I have verified that browser caching is not at fault.

I'm supposed to give an evaluation of Koha's suitability for use this
week, and having the database(s) in an inconsistent state is making
that extremely difficult. While it would be nice to persist my
configuration changes, I'd be happy just blowing away and re-creating
the database. Can someone please point me to docs or offer help as to
how to re-initialize the DB without doing a complete re-installation?
I'm overwhelmed by the number of scripts and data files provided, and
unable to find documentation aside from reading hundreds of lines of
Perl.

Thanks for your help!
- DR

--