[Koha-devel] Koha 3 Reset Database

David Riggs riggs at createtank.com
Tue Jan 27 18:18:11 CET 2009

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 5:02 PM, Mason James
<mason.loves.sushi at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2009/01/27, at 10:51 AM, David Riggs wrote:
>

>> I'm supposed to give an evaluation of Koha's suitability for use this
>> week, and having the database(s) in an inconsistent state is making
>> that extremely difficult. While it would be nice to persist my
>> configuration changes, I'd be happy just blowing away and re-creating
>> the database. Can someone please point me to docs or offer help as to
>> how to re-initialize the DB without doing a complete re-installation?
>> I'm overwhelmed by the number of scripts and data files provided, and
>> unable to find documentation aside from reading hundreds of lines of
>> Perl.
>>

> ok, to wipe your zebra auth and bib dbs - this works for me..
>
> #  zebraidx -c /home/mason/koha/ashs/etc/zebradb/zebra-authorities-dom.cfg
> -g iso2709 -d authorities init
>
> #  zebraidx -c /home/mason/koha/ashs/etc/zebradb/zebra-biblios.cfg   -g
> iso2709 -d biblios  init

Ah, thank you! Running these two commands finally cleared out the
Zebra index so that it is now in sync with the empty MySQL database.

  koha at linimac:~$ zebraidx -c
/etc/koha/zebradb/zebra-authorities-dom.cfg -g iso2709 -d authorities
init
  koha at linimac:~$ zebraidx -c /etc/koha/zebradb/zebra-biblios.cfg -g
iso2709 -d biblios init

Again, thanks for all your help!

- DR

--