[Koha-devel] hypertext link

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Wed Jul 1 11:21:29 CEST 2009

"C W Nel" <zang at zang.co.za> wrote:
> Is there an easy way to link a record to a specific URL?
> With other words to have a hyperlink on a specific record to
> take you to e.g. an html or pdf file to supply more info on this record?

There's a url field on the Item data (field u in my copy) but it
doesn't seem to be displayed in the prog templates (it's passed into
the ITEM_RESULTS in opac-detail.tmpl if you want to add it).

There may be other fields which could be used.  I didn't find an
obvious candidate and I asked in IRC #koha half an hour ago without
reply yet.

Any of the templaters know how URLs can be displayed easily in
the current mainline koha releases?  A quick search of the manual
found nothing obvious - the URI field isn't even shown on
http://koha.org/documentation/manual/3.0/cataloging/adding-and-deleting-items

Puzzled,
--
MJ Ray (slef)  LMS developer and webmaster at     | software
Notice http://mjr.towers.org.uk/email.html        |  .... op