[Koha-devel] ITEM Count

Owen Leonard oleonard at myacpl.org
Mon Jul 6 15:45:56 CEST 2009

> Thanks for a reply however it didn't really help.

Actually I think Nicole's suggestion was exactly right, based on your
original question:

> This is a very stupid question but how do i change the Item count in a
> bibliographic record? i have two records of the same book and want to just
> put 2 items under one record. Is the field for that in bibliographic records
> or items?

You change the item count in a bibliographic record by attaching more
items. If you have two bibliographic records which need to be
consolidated into one, the only way to do that is to add one of the
existing items to the record you want to keep. Then delete the extra
record.

There is currently no mechanism for merging bibliographic records.
You didn't specify which you were using, but I can see you're using
2.x. Nicole's documentation links are for 3.0, but the general idea is
the same.

  -- Owen

--
Web Developer