[Koha-devel] Suggestions Wanted For Koha Uninstall Script.

Koha-Developer koha-devel at litarena.com
Tue Jul 7 13:23:58 CEST 2009

I've been giving Bug 459 (No unistall script) some thought. And I've come up with what might well be a solution. I'd be interested to hear thoughts on the matter.

*

[1] I've taken Galen's suggestion and added support for multiple machine architectures.
Ostensibly this is to support unixes and variants who do not use /usr/sbin to store userdel & groupdel commands.

[2] I've removed comments about the install logfile holding misleading information. I believe those comments were probably mistaken and am investigating the matter further.

** help wanted:
I'd like suggestions of Perl Interpreter Machine Type Operating System Classifications for any machines which do not use the /usr/sbin directory for the commands userdel and groupdel

with the exception of FreeBSD (or BSDs in general) if they do not have a groupdel command of some kind. (Not a procedure for editing the group file, and so forth. It must be one single command.) (**Please do not send instructions for procedures for editing users and groups.)

A demonstration Koha uninstall script is here:
http://www.help-desks.co.uk/downloads/uninstall_koha.pl.txt

Patrick Mackeown