[Koha-devel] Staff client keyboard shortcuts

Galen Charlton galen.charlton at liblime.com
Wed Jul 15 06:21:24 CEST 2009

Hi,

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 3:35 PM, Owen Leonard<oleonard at myacpl.org> wrote:
> Currently the core set of accesskeys are "u" for Check Out, "r" for
> Check In, and "q" for Search. The javascript-based match for these is
> "Alt-u," "Alt-r," and "Alt-q." Darrell Ulm just submitted a patch that
> would add "F12" to the list of js-based shortcuts, used for printing a
> circ slip.

Trying to bind single function keys doesn't seem to work well enough -
for example, when I tested Darrell's patch on my MacBook, the browser
was not able to capture F12, whereas binding Alt-F12 would have
worked.

> Should we attempt to fall back on accesskeys? If no, should we expand
> the use of js-based keyboard shortcuts?

I think whatever we do, we shouldn't hard-code the specific key
bindings or scatter the bindings across multiple templates.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton