[Koha-devel] LDAP configuration in Koha3.0 on Linux

Library Guy library.guy.zero at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 18:41:27 CEST 2009

Ben, I'm testing the latest dev (3.01.00.037).  LDAP authentication
against our MS AD LDAP works properly using auth_by_bind, but if I
enable either  <replicate> or <update>, as soon as a new patron is
authenticated Koha produces this error:

Can't call method "exists" on an undefined value at
/home/koha/kohaclone/C4/Auth_with_ldap.pm line 168, <DATA> line 253.

The offending line 168 in Auth_with_ldap.pm is:

$userldapentry->exists('uid');  # This is bad, but required!  By
side-effect, this initializes the attrs hash.

I suspect it has something to do with uid not being a part of our
schema, but I don't know where to go from here or how to help the
developers address it.

Thanks!

James