[Koha-devel] Translation of SQL files

Zeno Tajoli tajoli at cilea.it
Wed Jul 29 15:12:55 CEST 2009

Hi Ricardo and all,

At 13.11 29/07/2009, Ricardo Dias Marques wrote:
>I think there should be only:
>- 1 (ONE) Unimarc Bibliographic SQL file
>- and 1 (ONE) Unimarc Authorites SQL file
>
>... and NOT one of those for EACH language. The current situation,
>IMHO, leads to much Copy + Paste work, when one needs to create a new
>translation (both tiresome and error prone). Also, if there is one BUG
>in one language setup (SQL files) - like this requirement of an
>"Authority Type" called "PER" in the English one - we'll probably have
>to change all the other languages (SQL files) that were copied from
>that one, to correct that bug.
>
>I think that the descriptions (for instance "liblibrarian" and
>"libopac" fields of the "marc_tag_structure" table) are the only
>fields that have to be translated. These fields could, for instance:

yes, the only fields to translate in Unimarc/MARC21 SQL files
are liblibrarian and libopac.

But how can we do the translation ?
This is a problem that sometime appers in this list.

I try to find a solution or an open source tool, but I never found a solution

Bye

Zeno Tajoli
CILEA - Segrate (MI)
tajoliAT_SPAM_no_prendiATcilea.it