[Koha-devel] Using a Native XML Database with Koha

Mike Hafen mdhafen at tech.washk12.org
Tue Jun 2 20:34:43 CEST 2009

Funny you should mention this now.  I was just thinking about removing MARC
from Koha and dropping in DC.  Switching to all XML is a much better idea.

The reason I was thinking about this is because some people I work with want
to use Koha for Asset Management and Inventory.  I have a few librarians
already doing it along side the library holdings.  My thought was that DC
would handle equipment better than MARC.

So now I'm thinking of just dropping the binary marc column, and instead of
frameworks have record formats for MARC, DC, etc.  I'd also have to use
NoZebra.  I don't know if I could get zebra to index different formats like
that.

Anyway, thanks for the idea.