[Koha-devel] Could Koha's git official repository be also set up for HTTP access?

Galen Charlton galen.charlton at liblime.com
Thu Jun 4 14:33:00 CEST 2009

Hi Ricardo,

On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 7:05 AM, Ricardo Dias Marques
<lists at ricmarques.net> wrote:
> So, it would be nice, at this point, if I could "switch" git to use an
> http interface to the official git repository at koha.org.

Cloning and fetching over HTTP now works:

git clone http://git.koha.org/pub/scm/koha.git kohaclone

Note that because this requires a cronjob (git-update-server-info)
that I have set running every 10 minutes, cloning or fetching over
HTTP can result in a repo that's slightly out of date with respect to
the public repo.  As a general note, unless you absolutely have to use
HTTP because of restrictive firewall rules, using the Git protocol is
more efficient.

Regards,

Galen
--