[Koha-devel] Only available language, in a Koha 3.0.2 git installation, is "English" (en)

Ricardo Dias Marques lists at ricmarques.net
Mon Jun 8 17:03:36 CEST 2009

Hi Galen (and list),

On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 14:49, Galen Charlton <galen.charlton at liblime.com> wrote:

> When you install from Git, as opposed to an install package, the
> non-English templates are not instantiated by default.  You have to
> run misc/translator/install-code.pl to enable one of the other
> languages.

Many thanks for the explanation. I ran the install-code.pl under
/mykohaclone/misc/translator as this:

myhost:/mykohaclone/misc/translator# ./install-code.pl pt-PT

After running that command, many lines scrolled down... Then, I logged
in the "Intranet" and, for the System Preferences "language" ("Set the
default language in the staff client.") and "opaclanguages" ("Set the
default language in the OPAC."), I now have "Português (pt-PT)"
(Portuguese) available as an additional checkbox to "English (en)".
Enabling those "Português (pt-PT)" checkboxes did allow me to switch
languages between English and Portuguese, both in the OPAC and in the
Intranet.

So, your tip worked as a charm. Thanks Galen!  :)

Cheers,
Ricardo