[Koha-devel] AWS access requires signing

Krishnan M kmlist at yahoo.in
Mon Jun 15 15:54:23 CEST 2009

Hello,
I received the following reminder since i subscribed to AWS for book covers in Koha.
Does this mean code changes are needed? i haven't had time to take a look myself, but the deadline is not very far for non-trivial changes and testing
Regards,krishnan
Product Advertising API ReminderMonday, 15 June, 2009 8:38 AMFrom:"Amazon.com" <no-reply at amazon.com>To:"library at mpatta.com" <library at mpatta.com>Dear Product Advertising API Developer,We wanted to remind you that all Product Advertising API developers will be required to authenticate all calls to the Product Advertising API by August 15, 2009. We noticed that requests with your AWS Access Key ID are not being signed and, while you have more than 60 days until the date on which authentication is required, we are, as a courtesy, sending you this email to remind you of the new authentication requirement. Please remember that calls to the Product Advertising API that are not signed will not be processed after August 15, 2009.We’d also like to take this opportunity to point out the resources available to help you make this change to your applications:The Developer Guide has details on what signed requests are and how to construct signed requests.Sample
 Code for Signed Requests is available in Java, C# and Perl.Our technical staff and other customers are available to answer questions on our Community Forums.More resources can be found at the Product Advertising API home page.Thank you for advertising our products and we look forward to sharing the revenue from these sales.
The Product Advertising API Team> To manage your e-mail preferences, please update your communication preferences.© 2009 Amazon.com. All rights reserved. Amazon.com is a registered trademark of Amazon.com, Inc. Amazon.com, 1200 12th Ave. S., Suite 1200, Seattle, WA 98144-2734, USA.

      Own a website.Get an unlimited package.Pay next to nothing.*Go to http://in.business.yahoo.com/