[Koha-devel] Problem with 007 framework?

Wagner, Jane jwagner at ptfs.com
Fri Mar 6 17:07:05 CET 2009

I'm not finding anything on bugzilla and I'm not quite sure if this is a
bug, or if something's not configured right.  Trying to original catalog
a DVD, with the DVDs, VHS framework selected (but the same problem
exists in all the frameworks).  If you click the ellipse after the 007
Physical Description Fixed Field, it brings up a builder screen.
However, the only options available in the pulldowns are

00 Category of material 		t-Text
01 Specific material designation 	a-Regular print
						b-Large print
						c-Braille
						d-Loose-leaf
						u-Unspecified
						z-Other

These choices are only appropriate for 007-text (books).  For DVDs,
Library of Congress says the 007 choices should be

00 - Category of material		v - Videorecording
01 - Specific material designation	c - Videocartridge
						d - Videodisc
						f - Videocassette
						r - Videoreel
						u - Unspecified
						z - Other
						| - No attempt to code

Other material types of 007s have different value choices.

What needs to be done to make the Koha 007 builder have the appropriate
choices for each framework?  This seems to be calling
intranet/cgi-bin/cataloguing/value_builder/marc21_field_007.pl, but I
can't read the code well enough to see where it's getting the values.

Thanks.

Jane Wagner
Library Systems Analyst
PTFS Inc.