[Koha-devel] Bulkmarcimport and authorities

Jason Macki jmacki at iisd.ca
Mon Mar 9 19:52:17 CET 2009

Hello,

I'm converting data from our old library system into Koha version 3, running on Linux, and I'm having a problem with authorities.

First, I did a bulk import, using bulkmarcimport.pl, then I ran rebuild_nozebra.pl.

It was my understanding that rebuild_nozebra.pl would build the authorities and make them searchable. When that script runs, it displays a message reading "building authorities index".

But when I search for authorities in auth_finder.pl (the window that appears when you click on the ... link after an authority field), it always gives zero results.

If I open the record in the Koha interface and save it again, the authorities for the saved record do come up in a search.

Is there some other script I should run to build the authorities from the bibliographic information already imported?

Alternately, since opening a record for editing and saving it solves my problem, is there a script I can run to reproduce the effect of opening and saving a record through the Koha interface? The idea being that I could write a script (or better yet, use an existing one) to cycle through each record and re-save it.

Thanks for your help,
Jason