[Koha-devel] Add Biblio slow

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Fri Mar 13 14:28:54 CET 2009

zang at zang.co.za wrote:
> We are using Koha on a hosted server, so it is accessed via the internet
> (broadband).
> Everything works fine, but in some cases the "Add Biblio" page takes about
> 5 min to load.
> Is there perhaps a way to speed it up? Maybe by removing the unused marc
> input fields?

You could try removing the unused marc input fields, but I think you
need to identify what's causing the delay.  If you've no better tool
(can you make the browser give lots of information?), try running
"watch netstat -apn" in a terminal on the same computer as the browser
to see what it's connecting to and what it's waiting for.

Alternatively, try loading the "Add Biblio" page with javascript
disabled.  It won't work properly, but it should give an idea whether
the problem is with the page data or loading javascripts for some
reason.

Could also try looking at the Javascript Console in the Tools menu
while loading the "Add Biblio" page.

Good luck!
--
MJ Ray (slef)