[Koha-devel] Possible bad patch to stable

Nahuel ANGELINETTI nahuel.angelinetti at biblibre.com
Mon Mar 16 11:12:06 CET 2009

Hi,

Le Sun, 15 Mar 2009 14:58:58 -0400,
Joe Atzberger <ohiocore at gmail.com> a écrit :

> A user ("imp") on IRC reported being unable to add patrons to a new
> installation of 3.00.01.005 because of the error "This patron does not
> exist."  Of course that doesn't make any sense when one is trying to
> add a new patron.
>
> Their logs also showed:
> [Sun Mar 15 18:20:19 2009] [error] [client 172.16.1.164] [Sun Mar 15
> 18:20:19 2009] memberentry.pl: Use of uninitialized value in string
> eq at /mnt2/koha-install/intranet/cgi-bin/members/memberentry.pl line
> 139., referer:
> http://10.23.42.14:8080/cgi-bin/koha/members/memberentry.pl?op=add&amp;categorycode=0
> [Sun Mar 15 18:20:19 2009] [error] [client 172.16.1.164] [Sun Mar 15
> 18:20:19 2009] memberentry.pl: DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Column
> 'surname' cannot be null at /mnt2/koha-install/lib/C4/Members.pm line
> 768., referer:
> http://10.23.42.14:8080/cgi-bin/koha/members/memberentry.pl?op=add&amp;categorycode=0
>
> I have some problems with this patch introduced 8 days ago:
> http://git.koha.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=Koha;a=commit;h=239700d079ca6c33d3bc521c1f602e56f66069d1
>
> Maybe it is unrelated, but that patch includes unnecessary changes to
> memberentry.pl (all whitespace... on a stable release?) and an
> apparently unconditional warn statement in Members.pm.  I suggest it
> should be reverted and the addition of new patrons retested via STAFF
> interface.
>
> The symptoms as reported would seem to affect all users trying to add
> patrons w/ the current stable codebase.

It was just a little bugfixe, but the real changes are in C4::Members.
The whitespace problem in the code should be fixed in each commit, to
permit a powerfull bugfixing, improving the code reading.
Just the pusher must be really carefull when he push this kind of
patches.
Anyway, I don't think this patch should be reverted, the previous code
was bugous and this patch fix it.

bests,

--
Nahuel ANGELINETTI