[Koha-devel] a simple update-items.pl tool

Mason James mason.loves.sushi at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 00:58:00 CET 2009

On 2009/03/27, at 12:08 PM, Owen Leonard wrote:

>> The functionality required is the ability to collect a batch of
>> barcodes of
>> items that are affected and the ability to change the status of
>> collected
>> barcodes in one action. I looked back at Mason's description and
>> believe
>> that he and WALDO are thinking alike.
>
> I think the key is his description "similar to circ's current
> branchtransfers.pl script." That means scanning each item individually
> with the updates happening in individually, rather than collecting
> barcodes in a batch for processing en masse. Does that sound right
> Mason?
>
> It may not have a functional difference as far as your requirements
> go, but I would hope that a "Bulk status change" feature would offer
> more than one way of building a batch, just like the inventory script
> gives you the option of choosing a call number range, barcode range,
> etc.  That's just my idea of it though.

hi Folks

thanks for the feedback.

down the track i can see the potential for the tool to be enhanced
with add/mod/saving item-batches to run status-updates on,
or uploading a text-file of barcodes, or selecting items using
various fields and min/max ranges etc...

but yes, at the moment ill keep the 1st draft nice and simple, and
focus on it accepting scanned barcodes from Circ (like the
branchtransfer.pl tool)