[Koha-devel] 'OpacSuppression' syspref?

Owen Leonard oleonard at myacpl.org
Fri Mar 27 14:46:24 CET 2009

> It should at least specify the part about 942$n in MARC21. But then
> that brings up a further question : why just 942$n in marc21?

I don't know if there's more history to it than this, but I know
Joshua created this feature up for us in dev_week. We needed a way to
hide a certain subset of our collection from the OPAC: interlibrary
loan items. We wanted to do this while keeping collection code
accurate for statistical purposes and itemtype accurate for
circulation rules (accurate meaning conforming to our regular rules
for material type and audience). That I think explains the choice to
use 942$n.

It does seem reasonable to expand the feature so that you could
specify itemtype(s), ccode(s), or MARC field(s).

  -- Owen

--
Web Developer
Athens County Public Libraries