[Koha-devel] testing stable version

LAURENT Henri-Damien henridamien.laurent at biblibre.com
Thu May 7 16:47:32 CEST 2009

Hi
I am glad to announce that work for stable version 3.0.2 is well advanced.
You can test it on koha-maintenance project
see http://git.koha.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=koha-maintenance.git;a=summary
for the code.

How can I test it ?
if you have a dev version :
git remote add maintenance git://git.koha.org/pub/scm/koha-maintenance.git
git fetch maintenance
git branch --track testing_3.0.2 remotes/maintenance/master
git checkout testing_3.0.2

for those who are using HEAD already,
either your version is 3.01.00.30 and you have nothing to do
OR
your version is before, and you may have to fix your kohaversion in your
database to set it to 3.00.01.00 so that updatedatabase can update your
database. You may have some duplicate warnings for all the
transformations which has already been made.

then login to intranet and updatedatabase will occur.
And test and file any bug to me personnaly.

What IS NOT in that version
branchtransfer limits, holding queues and all the enhanced contents
Librarything and babelTheque.
I know it is a pity. And I am sorry about that. But I had told that
there would be no new features, bug fix only for this one.

And there are bug fixes. Plenty of them. (around 280 patches)

Nevertheless, galen and I will be working on a reconciliation  version
that will provide you with all the best of stable and HEAD version as
soon as this version is released. And we should be able to get it out
for the end of June.

About translations, a quick update on french version showed 86
untranslated strings, 286 fuzzy.
So hopefully, it should not be too much of a hassle.
I leave it up to Chris to update translations on pootle for that and
send a go to translators.
--
Henri-Damien LAURENT
Release Maintainer 3.0.x