[Koha-devel] Please drop CC to koha-announce and off topic lists

Thomas Dukleth kohadevel at agogme.com
Wed May 13 15:26:30 CEST 2009

Sorry everyone.

I made the first mistake of blindly responding to the sender about the new
website and the existing CC list.  That reply practise is generally
helpful when list messages are delayed then at least the individuals in
the thread receive them quickly.  Others had followed the same practise
leading to duplication of messages on a few lists.

I corrected my error after my second reply mistake.  I subscribe to
different lists with different addresses, consequently, replying to
multiple lists would sometimes fail for me in any case.  Subsequent to
second reply about the new website, I have tried to carefully check the
CCs to be certain I only answered to individuals and the one relevant
list.

I had intended to post a message about the general inappropriateness of
sending a message to multiple lists on Monday with my own apology but I
forgot.  The discussion has involved elements relevant to users,
development, and translation but where we have topic specific lists such
as koha-translate or limited function lists such as koha-announce those
specific topics and limited functions should be respected.

The discussion of the new website should certainly not have happened on
Koha announce even if I think that the original announcement was
premature.  Subsequent discussion of the new website on koha-translate
should be confined to translation problems for the new website.

We should all try to confine our discussion to one topically appropriate
list at a time.  We should also change the subject of discussion threads
to one relevant to the particular subject being discussed as some have
done.

Thomas Dukleth
Agogme
109 E 9th Street, 3D