[Koha-devel] Koha events

Andrei V. Toutoukine tut at isuct.ru
Mon May 25 10:32:48 CEST 2009

Hi All,

I'm wondering if anyone ever wanted events in Koha? Events may be like
onpatronremove, onbibliosave, onbiblionew etc... For example if one
wants to check spelling and marc-correctness of the record before it is
saved to the database one could put either 'default' or home-made perl
script to a special place like $KOHA/events/scripts/ and make links to
these scripts from $KOHA/events/onbibliosave/ folder. Every time koha
saves a biblio it calls scripts from $KOHA/events/onbibliosave/ in
default order provided by fs passing there all the information on biblio
available at the moment.

Events may be used for statistics, checks, adding some automatically and
dynamically calculated defaults...

Probably some WUI would be nice but I can't see it's implementation
right now.

Everyone is welcome to the discussion!